Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What did He save you for?

That is the question I cannot get out of my mind. This question came from Shaun Groves. Shaun was a fantastic speaker and singer last Sunday at FFC Compassion Sunday. 71 people stepped up and are sponsoring a child. I unfortunately am not one of those. I feel real uneasy about that. I think once I can honestly answer Shaun's question I will be able to sponsor more than 1 child. I am at a point in my walk with Christ that I really need to find the answer to the question What did He save me for? I have been a Christian since childhood. Then did the teenage-college backslide. I came back to Christ and have been active in the church. I am currently a leader of a great growth group. I have been a Sunday School Supt at another church and VBS teacher/guide here at FFC and other churches.

I am currently in prayer daily for God to provide the answer. I feel kind of lost right now. I have a passion for coaching, I enjoy working with children, but I have not found the calling of God's heart for my life. I believe this is affecting all aspects of my life. I truely believe that once I find out What did he save me for? and follow God's direction it will change my life completely and bless me and others. So in your prayer time could you keep me in mind. I know this may sound selfish but I really believe in the power of prayer.

1 comment:

Cari said...

It is a really hard question. I really loved the way he reminded us to ask ourselves that question. I will keep you in my prayers, I really hope you get your answer.