Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mixed Feelings

Great holiday weekend. Cookouts and fishing. We were able to enjoy a new fishing hole thanks to fellow FFC'er Kim and Mimi. Good time and lots of fish were caught. Eric really caught some nice bass and good one liners from Kim.

Shane left this morning for Branson, Missouri. He is going to be involved in a discipleship focus. Pastor James drove him down there is morning. I thank God we have Pastors who walk the walk as well as talk the talk. Thank you James for helping Shane. I think this will be good for Shane. Yes we will miss him, but its time he finds out what God has in store for him

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

I can imagine that you do have very mixed feelings! I will pray for all of you during this transitional time and wait in excited expectation of what God holds for Shane! -mindy

Sue said...

Ditto what Mindy said.

As the mother of a "young adult", I know what it means to fully lean on the Lord. We have raised them the best we know how, and now God has to take over as we let them go out into the world. Just remember He loves our children even more than we do! Thank God for that!

Unknown said...

Hi there,
As I was watching Eric play with the worship team, I was thinking back to when he was in my little nursery class. It's really neat to see how your family has grown. (And boy, do I feel old!!)