Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Work Place Recognition

As most of you know I have struggled with jobs over the last 7 months. The job I have is Director of Emergency Management. I love the job but cannot afford it. If that makes sense. The job is political and is often the target of criticism. So, when something good happens it kind of makes it worthwhile. I am by nature a humble person but I must share being recognized in Congress by Rep. Mike Pence. I received a nice letter and copy of the Congressional Record in which I was mentioned for my work in the recent severe weather and flooding. After some of the trials in my life lately, I am walking on the clouds today. I know its short lived but it keeps ya goin.

5 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful. I'm proud of you.

Mommy pfohl said...

That's awesome Rick! I'm so glad to hear it! We all need that on occasion to keep life in check! So, congrats!!! By the way, thank you for the note on my blog. that meant the world! I appreciate it! we are so thankful for the friendships we have in our lives! jeff and I love you guys so much! Thanks! -Mindy

Shelby-Grace said...

That's really great Rick!!

Sue said...

Congratulations, Rick!

I am always glad to see credit given where credit is due!!!

Jeffrey Pfohl said...

That is great!!! Good job buddy